Current Night Time Skincare


I never used to be meticulous when it came to evening skincare, it pretty much used to consist of washing my make up off then moisturising. No wonder I always broke out in spots! I would like to sincerely apologise to my face for previous abuse..
So, these days my evening skincare probably seems too meticulous to some people, but I have to say I have finally found a routine which keeps my skin in perfect condition and thankfully, all the products are use are drugstore products so they're easy on the purse strings too.
  • I start by removing mascara, eye shadow and eyebrows with the Nivea Extra Gentle Eye Make Up Remover on some cotton wool and gently sweep downwards over my closed eyes. This product is great for sensitive eyes, like mine, as it doesn't cause any irritation, is non-greasy and removes every scrap of eye make up, even waterproof mascara.

  • Following this I use the Simple Oil Balancing Facial Wipes, which contain no oil, no alcohol and no perfume. You get 25 wipes in a pack which lasts a decent amount of time. The packet seals well to keep the wipes moist (does anyone else cringe at that word..?!) They feel super soft on the skin and remove all your make up in just a few wipes. You can also use them on your hairline to get those awkward bits of foundation you blended and they don't make your hair greasy.

  • As good as the make up remover wipes are, and as clean as your skin looks, there's always some make up left in your pores, clinging on for dear life. This is what causes oily skin and spots. Gross. So, that's where the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water comes in. I use a dash of this on a cotton wool ball and sweep it all over my face and the liquid acts like a magnet and collects every last scrap out of your pores to leave you with super cleansed skin without stripping the skin of its natural oils. Every time I use this product I'm surprised and kind of disgusted at the grime that was still sitting on my skin! Very important to double cleanse!

  • A quick spritz of the Superdrug Vitamin E Toning Mist clarifies my skin and tightens my pores! It's refreshing, cruelty free and also contains aloe vera to calm the skin.

  • At this stage I usually go to a serum but a month ago I discovered the Soap and Glory Beauty Night and Flight Moisturiser and I have to say, at first I hated this product; it had a plastic type smell which really put me off. But I persevered in application and honest to God, I woke the next morning with amazing skin! It was clear, supple and moisturised without being greasy. I was definitely converted!

  • Next, I apply some kind of eye treatment. I tend to change it up every so often between the Boots Simply Sensitive Hydrating Eye Cream and the BodyShop Elderflower Eye Gel. The BodyShop gel lasts ages as you only need the tiniest amount for both eyes but to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what it does/claims to do. That's one thing I don't like about the body shop, there products aren't always too clear on what they do! The Boots eye cream is really moisturising and definitely perks up tired eyes on those early mornings!

  • Boots Pharmaceuticals Witch Hazel Gel is probably the best thing I have ever discovered for my skin. The distilled gel is £1.99 and is the best thing you will ever use on spots. You can also use it on a cotton ball as a toner to tighten your pores by sweeping it over your face. It doesn't dry the skin out and keeps it clear. It's great for those typical hormonal zits and I use it every day as a preventative product. Go buy this now!!

  • A few months ago if someone asked if I use a facial oil, I would have laughed in their face. I have oily/combination skin and my T-zone can be especially slick. Nice right?.. Ahem. I tried a free sample of the Kiehls Midnight Recovery Oil and was definitely converted. Once I'd finished the sample, I decided that the product itself was slightly too pricey for a student like me, so I went on the hunt for a cheaper alternative and found the Superdrug Vitamin E Oil and I have to say, it does just the job! The oils in question are: Evening Primrose, Olive and Jojoba and they work wonders! Despite me thinking I'd be breaking out in spots left, right and centre the product absorbs in nicely and leaving my skin feeling fresh, plump and clear the next morning..

  • Next in my routine I use an oil-free moisturiser (we don't wanna over do it with the oil do we now..) and for this I use either the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Oil Free Moisturiser or the Clean and Clear Oil Free Moisturiser. Both products are great but I have to say, the Clean and Clear does stand out as it's non greasy and feels lightweight on my skin, whereas the Neutrogena tends to feel a bit heavier and to say it's oil free, slightly greasy. However when it comes to smell, the Neutrogena is a definite winner. The pink grapefruit smell is gorgeous and it's like an instant pick me up with it's fresh scent.

  • A few hours after I've left all the products sink into my skin and work their magic, I follow up with my acne cream. Like the Witch hazel I tend to use this more as a preventative product these days. This was the final (yet miracle!) item I was prescribed for my acne last year and I've never looked back. Obviously this is prescribed so you can't just go and buy it, but if you do have acne, ask your doctor about 30g Azelaic Acid 20% Skinoren cream. It just ensure my spots stay away and isn't drying or irritating to the skin.

  • Last but not least, probably one of the most important items in the routine: lip balm! The Cocoa Butter Vaseline is a particular favourite of mine however I do also recommend the Nivea Hydrocare Essentials for last thing at night to keep those lips gorgeous and soft.



Do you have any products which wonders for you? Or are there any of these products which you despise?? Let me know down below!

The Flawed Blonde. xoxo

Don't forget to follow this blog, share or G+1 this post to reach a wider audience and add me on social media so we can stay in touch!

Twitter: EmKatieD
Facebook: The Flawed Blonde
Instagram: emmakatied


Snapchat: emkatied

Comments