Skincare Empties

I've saved up a number of empty products over the past few months in order to do an empties post; giving my opinion on said products and if I would buy them again or not. I've split the posts into three; skincare, haircare and 'other' which includes everything else. I have only reviewed products I have personally bought and not included anything that has been sent to me in PR packages. These posts are also not sponsored, so all opinions are my own. Hope this helps! 


Simple Oil Balancing Cleansing Wipes


My favourite make-up remover wipes ever! I definitely noticed a decrease in oil and excess sebum on my face after a few days of using these, without making my skin dry. They removed 99% of my make-up, including waterproof eye make-up. There are 25 wipes in a pack, and to be honest, they are a little bit expensive for what they are, and I have tried cheaper alternatives but they aren’t as good as these Simple Wipes. I will re-purchase again and again, in bulk buy!


Garnier Ultra Lift Intensive Serum

Ahhh!! I LOVE this serum! It is so lightweight and I often used it as a primer underneath my make-up. It makes my skin feel so silky smooth and I know this sounds weird, but it’s almost shimmery, but not glittery, so it adds a nice glow to the skin without it looking like you belong in the 80s. It’s a bit pricey, but I’d definitely buy again!






Boots Essentials Facial Toner
This is without a doubt one of the best toner’s I have ever used. I was surprised as I’m a bit of a snob when it comes to cosmetics and skincare, but I tried this basic toner, and fell in love. The cucumber scent is simply delicious and perfect on a morning to gently wake up the skin. It removes all excess oil and even make up. Again, I would buy this product in the future!





No7 Pore Vacuum Mask


Holy crap, this stuff is amazing! I’ve been using this for a few years now and I have to say, there is no other peel off face mask which is better. When I first used it, I applied it all over my face and I have to say, that was a mistake as I nearly ripped my face entirely off. However, if you correctly follow the instructions and apply it to your T-Zone, you will be amazed by the results. I use this every week and a little goes a long way, for sure. It gets right into your pores and gets out gunk that you wouldn’t even be able to see on your face. Amaazzzingg! The mask is also good for clearing pimples and spots; just apply a small amount to the area and then peel off and the affected area instantly looks better! I would repurchase this a billion times over, however I was told recently by Boots that No7 was discontinuing this item! I’m absolutely gutted as I have not yet found another product which matches up to this! Needless to say, I bulk bought this product in York the other day to stock up before the line ended. If you can get your hands on this before it disappears, do it! I even had to cut the top of this one as I wanted to get every last scrap out!


Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Moisturiser
Ughh, the smell of this stuff is insane! I love applying this after a long day, it instantly lifts my mood with the gorgeous citrus smell. Despite the product being oil-free, I’ll be honest, it does seem to leave a kind of film over your skin; hence why I use it at night and not during the day under make up. Having said that, I would continue to purchase this product as it keeps my skin healthy, soft and clear with its micro clear technology. When I was commuting to University the past year, I often left at 7am and didn’t get back home until 8pm and being on horrid, busy trains, I’d get back and feel gross, so I’d cleanse my face and apply this for a fresh boost to my skin and my mood. Perfect!

Boots Simply Sensitive Gentle Toner
I’d say this was just as good as the Boots Essentials Cucumber toner as it contains aloe vera to soothe all skin types. However I found this wasn’t very good at removing excess make-up and products from my skin, so I don’t think I would buy this again to be honest as it didn’t really do much for me. 





Boots Pharmaceuticals Witch Hazel Gel
I’ve spoken about this in previous posts and I don’t need to go into any more details. This stuff is amazing and cheap, go buy it.





L’Oréal  Paris Skin Perfection Day Moisturiser
Yet another amazing product that is a regular in my skincare routine! The smell is so subtle but almost like rose or something, it feels really luxurious when you apply it and in my opinion it has definitely helped to clear and ‘correct’ my skin. The glass packaging also makes it feel more high end than other products and you definitely get your money’s worth! I’ll be honest, I tend to use this at night as even though it is a day moisturiser, it is quite thick and I prefer having a thicker moisturiser on at night so it can sink into my skin.

Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Foaming Face Wash
The price of this is incredibly appealing, as is the overall product and its results. This is a go to product when my face is feeling particularly clogged up, or just gross! The lightweight foam is so gentle on the skin but leaves it squeaky clean! I love it and intend to buy again.






Simple Spotless Skin Anti-Blemish Moisturiser
So this product is more directed towards teenage type skin, but I love it! It is without a doubt one of my favourite Simple moisturisers. It makes my skin so silky smooth and I do think it helps with fighting spots like it claims to. Would buy again!








Bioré Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips
I’ve tried Superdrug own brand before and the ‘plain’ Bioré pore strips and I found that they were rubbish to be honest with you. I don’t know what’s different about these strips but they are incredible! I can’t wait to buy some more; they stick to your skin so well, but without pulling or damaging it. You can see the difference when you peel them off your nose; you never realise just how clogged your pores are! It’s gross really!




Simple Kind-To-Eyes Soothing Balm
Another favourite of mine, for sure. This product claims to ‘wind down tired eyes’ and I really think it does. I love tapping this on in an evening and my under eyes instantly feel hydrated. I also think it perks up my eyes on a morning when I wake up. Definitely buying again!






Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser
Whilst this isn’t my favourite moisturiser, it’s perfectly good and I would purchase this again for sure. The cream is oil free which means it ensure your face is left moisturised but not greasy. If I’m honest I never noticed whether or not it made a difference to my skin in terms of spots and blemishes but still a good product.




Soap & Glory Beauty Sleep Accelerator Night & Flight Moisture Miracle
This was a little pricey for the product and I remember when I first used this, I hated it! The smell was really plastic like and just not very nice and it really put me off, but I persevered and did get used to the smell, allowing me to see just how good the product actually was for my skin! I tended to use this on a night so it really had time to soak in as it was quite a thick cream, but that is what it’s marketed as, so you know, makes sense, haha!
I would consider buying this product again for sure, but I think I’d only buy it if it was on offer or something because it is quite a small, misleading sized pot for the price.
Superdrug Optimum Age 25+ Intensive Protecting Serum
Firstly, these products are usually buy one get one free which is always good! I love this serum because I like the idea of slowing down the ageing process before it even really happens. The Super Antioxidant Grape addresses the first signs of ageing and maintains skin’s youthful appearance. On top of this, the product is also UV resistant; certainly a benefit.


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

I don’t really know how I ever managed without this product! I always use this after using a make-up remover wipe. It’s kind of gross how much make up is actually left on your face despite thinking it looks perfectly clean! This micellar water acts like a magnet to dirt and grime and lifts every last scrap of make up out of your pores. It works on waterproof mascara and there’s not need to scrub away at your face; it simply melts off and soothes your skin.





  • Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Charcoal Facial Mask

I love this product and for the price, it’s amazing too. I find that despite the tube being only 50ml, it lasts ages. In order for the product to actually dry, you need to leave it on for quite a while, but I tend to get bored and wash it off sooner than that! But even then, it stills leaves my face feeling refreshed, soft and squeaky clean. I use this once a week and I’m positive that since I’ve been using this, my skin has cleared up no end. The size of it also means it would be perfect for travelling. I’ll definitely be buying another one of these for when I go on holiday in the summer!




Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pore & Shine Daily Wash
So I’ve tried the Pink Grapefruit wash before and loved it. This product is exactly the same and I love the non-drying, squeaky clean feeling it gives my skin. It’s deep cleaning but really gentle on my face so it’s great for everyday use, morning and or night. The only thing I didn’t like about this was the smell; tangerine and lime; if I was to buy this product again I’d go with the pink grapefruit one for sure.





The Body Shop Elderflower Eye Gel
Okay this product was fine, but I’m not really sure what the benefits of it were supposed to be; the one thing I hate about Body Shop is that they don’t’ say on the products what they are necessarily supposed to do! I probably wouldn’t buy this again as I noticed no difference around my eye area; it wasn’t any smoother, it didn’t feel moisturising. Not really for me.





The Flawed Blonde. xoxo


Don't forget to follow this blog, share or G+1 this post to reach a wider audience and add me on social media so we can stay in touch!

Twitter: EmKatieD
Facebook: The Flawed Blonde
Instagram: emmakatied
Snapchat: emkatied


Comments