Haircare Empties

 I have only reviewed products I have personally bought and not included anything that has been sent to me in PR packages. These posts are also not sponsored, so all opinions are my own. Hope this helps! 


Provoke Touch of Silver Brightening Purple Shampoo
Ever since I’ve been blonde, I’ve been using this product. A friend recommended it and I’ve been using this for years. I can’t believe the difference it makes to the colour of my hair. My hair can go from being almost bright brassy yellow, to a lovely silvery, natural colour. Love, Love, Love! If you have blonde hair, go buy this now. It’s cheap and works wonders!






John Frieda Frizz Ease Flawlessly Straight Conditioner
I probably won’t buy this product again as I found it quite a heavy product but with minimal results. I don’t think it helped with frizz at all and to be honest, it didn’t make my hair feel soft like other conditioners do. It was more like a cream as opposed to a conditioner. Not really my cup of tea. The only good thing about it was the lovely smell!






John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo
This was perfectly fine as a shampoo; I probably would buy this again but it wasn’t anything amazing so it wouldn’t be my first choice. Unlike other shampoos, it didn’t knot my hair when I massaged it in, but the smell wasn’t too great and the reason it didn’t knot my hair was probably because it didn’t lather up very easily.





Provoke Touch of Silver Pre-toning Primer
I’m such a fan of the Provoke purple shampoo but when I bought this to try before toning, I almost vomited. Bit harsh? Sorry, but the smell was disgusting. I can’t even describe just how vile it was. Needless to say, I noticed no difference for using it. I didn’t finish the bottle because I hated it that much. Sorry Provoke!






Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor
GO BUY THIS RIGHT NOW!!! I think this is my favourite hair product of all time; I cannot stress how amazing this product is. My hair really suffers from bleach and heat damage so these conditioners that claim to fix your split ends, etc., is just a load of complete bollocks, especially when it comes to my hair. After watching beauty videos on YouTube I discovered the Joico K-Pak range and although yes, it is a bit pricey, I will continue to buy this product. This is the only conditioning hair product that actually works on my hair! I could go on for hours about the wonder that is this product but I won’t bore you. Go buy this for yourself and you’ll see just how incredible this protein based product is. Oh and the other thing? It smells delicious, like banana!

Garnier Ultimate Blends ‘The Silky Smoother’ Shampoo/Conditioner
I do have to say this did make my hair feel softer and it smelt gorgeous, but I did find that it made my roots slightly greasy, which wasn’t ideal. It meant I had to wash my hair more than usual which meant it got even greasier. I’d possibly buy again but I wouldn’t rush to buy it as my first choice.







Lee Stafford Heat Protection Mist
This product is designed specifically for straightening irons up to 250 degrees, with supposedly state of the art ‘P2Fifty Complex’, whatever that is… I really didn’t like this product, I found that it smelt like alcohol and when I looked at the ingredients, the first was in fact alcohol. Now, this will dry the hair out so I’m not entirely sure why this would be a good idea for a heat protection spray… I won’t be buying this product again as there are much better options out there in my opinion.


L’Oréal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Oil
Although this is pretty pricey, oh my gosh, I couldn’t live without this hair product now! For starters, the packaging is gorgeous, a lovely solid glass bottle (I’m assuming that’s why they push the price up!). I love using this on the ends of my post-washed hair, and on the ends when I’ve dried and styled my hair. It helps to tame fly-away hairs, acts as a UV filter, nourishes hair with a blend of 6 flower extracts, and it’s a dry type oil which means it’s non-greasy. I have bought this product so many times and will continue to do so in the future. I can’t recommend this enough!

OGX Argan Oil of Morocco Penetrating Oil
I will probably buy this product again at some point because it was good, but it wasn’t anything amazing so I wouldn’t rush to buy it. It’s quite greasy and even used sparingly I find that it leaves the hair with a film and doesn’t really sink into the hair as such.




Toni & Guy Heat Protection Mist
I think this is my absolute favourite heat protection spray; I can use this on either wet or dry hair when styling, without leaving my hair wet looking or greasy. This also has anti-static control which I believe does work, because my hair is almost smooth after using this, whether straight or wavy. It’s lightweight, smells lovely and ultimately, protects your hair from further heat damage. I can’t wait to buy another bottle of this.





Charles Worthington Moisture Seal Hair Rescue Mask
I’m a sucker for any of the Charles Worthington hair masks as they work wonders at helping dry, brittle hair. Whilst the product cannot reverse damage such as split ends, it can help avoid and minimise them while leaving your hair feeling soft and smelling great. I’m not really loyal to any of the specific hair masks in the ranges and would pretty much pick any of them, as I haven’t noticed a difference between each range. The majority are enriched with some sort of oil, in this case argan oil. The good thing is that is usually an offer on these products too, so you can stock up on a few things. Even better!

TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Spray
This is definitely one of my favourite heat protection sprays; you can use it on both wet and dry hair. The product is lightweight and doesn’t leave your hair with a greasy film, it smells great and my hair always feels smooth and soft after using this. The product is also great for the price too. Definitely intend to buy again!







Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Conditioning Spray
Ahhhhh!!! I can’t praise this enough. I love Aussie products and the variety of these conditioning sprays are just amazing; the smell is incredible and the product works wonders for dry hair. I tend to use it as a detangler after I’ve washed my hair, but because it’s so lightweight, it doesn’t leave your hair greasy or oily at the roots. I always recommend Aussie products to my family and friends and this product is no exception.



Mark Hill Anti-Humidity Spray
I have to be honest, I wasn’t a huge fan of this product. I don’t think it helped at all with protecting my hair from humidity. The real test is going to Tropical World in Leeds, anyone who lives nearby will completely understand this, haha! The spray left my hair wet looking and because of the ‘shine’ element of the spray, it made my hair look more greasy than shiny to be honest with you. I won’t be buying this again, sorry Mark Hill!





Batiste Dry Shampoo
Holy Grail product alert! I love all the Batiste Dry Shampoo products apart from the specific hair colour ones, but the generic products are insane. The only other dry shampoo brand I have used is Herbal Essences and I’m sorry, but I really didn’t like that, it just made my hair wet, so I’ll definitely be sticking to Batiste Dry Shampoos and I’ve bought so many of these in the past (and will do in the future) that I’ve lost count!



Lee Stafford Detangler
This is without a doubt my preferred detangler, just a few sprays of this into my hair after washing it, is more than enough to be able to brush through with ease after two minutes. It claims to be moisturising and I haven’t really noticed that, but it definitely does the job when it comes to ‘elbowing out nasty knots’.







Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstruction Deep Treatment
I haven’t come across an Aussie product that I haven’t loved. My blonde hair frequently gets abused by bleach and heat so more often than not, it is in need of a good moisturising deep treatment mask. When I buy this product I tend to use it as an alternative to normal conditioner as it leaves my hair so much softer and with Australian Balm Mint, not only does it smooth down cuticles, it also smells divine.




Lee Stafford Bleach Blonde Hot Shots
Yet another wonder product. I regularly use a purpose shampoo to tone by blonde hair and get rid of brassy yellow tones, but this stuff is on another level. You get four 15ml sachets in one pack. Apply this after shampooing your hair and leave on for two minutes (However, I usually go for about 5 mins!), the result is insane, it contains warming ginger which makes your head and hair feel great, all the while toning your hair to a lovely shade! Have and will continue to repurchase.


Wella Silvikrin Classic Hairspray
Oh my god, firstly, this size (400ml) is definitely not for those that travel! However, it has lasted me three years! I purchased the firm hold (number 4 out of 5) and a little definitely goes a long way! I loved it and would definitely buy again, but maybe in a smaller can!






The Flawed Blonde. xoxo


Don't forget to follow this blog, share or G+1 this post to reach a wider audience and add me on social media so we can stay in touch!

Twitter: EmKatieD
Facebook: The Flawed Blonde
Instagram: emmakatied
Snapchat: emkatied

Comments